
Hello.
Yes. I made the sandcastle. Yes. Its a sandcastle. The art piece in the middle. I made it with Joel. No. It does not look like shit. Its a BALL-castle. Yes. No. Okay shut up.
Merry Christmas everyone. Life is still the same - serving my national service in the navy - I'm still smiling and grumbling, still broke, still sleep deprived. I guess every thing is the same. Okay maybe not every thing. The routines now are less tougher, but it still hasn't got any easier.
Quite a fair bit of interesting occurrences happened onboard ship so far. I was posing in some Navy Recruitment Campaign Poster as a 'talent' (actually its just some extra guy with face hidden by ball cap, standing in the back mending the radar) Okay okay, its a cheap way of saying hey-i-am-almost-a-model but yea... Hahahah. WeeSiang is onboard my ship now, which is definitely a plus point to my personal morale. I really miss having a good talking buddy on the ship, haven't been successful in the buddy department so far... but my officer is really interesting though, i like talking to him. He always has this surprised look when I enter into my self-absorbed state and just babble about my life. Actually come to think of it, he hardly talks. He just nods and occasionally laughs when I talk and talk and whine and complain and talk. Its fun though.
The church is now moving into a new busier era. We are now less lazy and more hyperactive. SisterSoh's dance is now one of my region's projects for our very much neglected drama productions. Besides that, the bunch are now doing Christmas caroling, kid mentoring and random dancing. I know, my church sounds almost like a crazy, loud, hyperactive, PAP-like madhouse. Well, we are sort of like that. All readers and fans of SSAB (Shawn's-Self-Absorbed-Blog) are invited to come meet us and find out yourself. And yes, we are your so-called over-friendly christians. We are scary, barney-i-love-you-filled, friendly, kaypoh and in your face. Don't say I didn't warn you.
Ah, that reminds me. Youth camp was a quiet blast. Not all-about-me-me-me like last year's, this camp's sermons taught us about caring for others, loving others, others, others... (which is a chore but no choice must listen to God nevertheless) Green tees and dirty rooms, dirty pools and mud sea-water, scratches on knees and tears, good soup and tough beef, samuel heng and his rumored scandals.... I loved youth camp and enjoyed the scary bus rides that ferried us there and back. I learnt that I am quite self-absorbed, angsty and blinded but that is a working process for God and myself. I am trying also, so don't crucify me if I keep talking about me. Me. Heh.
Christmas and NewYear this year won't be eventful like last year cause I'll be doing glorious guard duty - guarding Singapore WITH MY LIFE!!! You know I have become all duty, honor and countryish now. National Service has made me more patriotic and less trusting to the male species and our ability to control our hormones (the soldiers talk about scandals all day. It can become quite boring and annoying some times but yea, I disturb Ade with sick jokes occasionally also. She stabs me afterwards though.) So no presents, no hoo-ha, no famboyant cards, no green and red outfits. Just me groaning and moaning and complaining.
Urgh,
I'm done.
Merry Christmas chaps!
I love you dude.
Happy New 2008 to us all.
May the world's female species be cast off from Nikki's charm. All desperate VFC male members say: Amen. (I'm only typing this cause my sister and XXXXX is comparing me to Nikki and ya. I lost.)

<< Home